JOB TITLE: Studio Hand / Glazing Assistant / Warehouse Assistant
JOB TYPE: Casual 38 hours/week
LOCATION: ‘Pottery For The Planet’ Studio. Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
At Pottery For The Planet we are committed to reducing single-use, takeaway coffee cups by creating beautiful ceramic alternatives that can be reused. We are looking for an environmentally conscious and motivated person to join the team at our busy production studio and help us to continue to change the disposable culture.
The ideal candidate will have either prior industry experience or have completed study in the ceramics field and be looking to pursue a career in this industry.
To apply for this position please email your CV including links to your artist profile and/or portfolio pages and a cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter of 300 words or less please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would like to apply for this position and which Pottery For The Planet cup is your favourite and why.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM MONDAY 10TH JUNE. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email by Friday 21st June.
The successful applicant will;
- Have skills and experience in ceramics
- Be motivated to learn new skills and acquire proficiency quickly
- Be passionate about the environment and committed to living clean
- Be physically strong and fit, having the capacity to lift heavy objects such as kiln shelves, ware-boards and glaze bins etc.
- Have exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be fun, friendly, helpful and professional
- Be enthusiastic, organised, hard working and reliable
- Have excellent attention to detail and eye for quality and aesthetics
- Be able to work under pressure and multi task to meet deadlines and production requirements
- Assist with the production of Pottery For The Planet reusable cups as well as other ceramic product lines.
- Assist with glazing, loading/unloading kilns, firing kilns and other hands-on studio and warehouse duties as required.
- Assist with warehousing including organisation, loading and unloading of stored stock and materials
- Maintain studio health and safety standards by following procedures and checks, performing maintenance tasks as required including regular cleaning duties, maintaining an organised work space, assisting with the upkeep of power tools and other equipment etc.
- Follow instructions from Production Manager to carry out workflows in order to maintain efficient production systems and meet targets
- Work with production team and and provide support to Production Manager to increase efficiency, maintain quality control, provide feedback and reports on productivity, maintain communications systems with administration regarding stock requirements
- Assist with keeping track of studio materials levels for reordering
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures precisely and assist Production Manager with refinement and redevelopment of systems as required
- Assist PR staff with studio content for Social media as required
- Maintain excellent time management and organisation to complete tasks efficiently and on time
- Communicate with management and staff to carry out workflows effectively
- Deal with customers, team members and suppliers professionally at all times
- Ensure work area is clean and organised at all times
- Be accountable for production efficiency and meeting targets
- Commitment to learning and perfecting skills and techniques
- Maintaining a high standard of work and producing quality products
- Full time position on Casual Basis, 38 hours/week.
- Pay Rate to be negotiated after consideration of previous industry experience
- Includes superannuation payments in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.