Harking from the ancient Chinese potters, this glaze was inspired by the Celadon green ceramics made at a time where pottery was the cutting edge technology and the equipment and materials used were wild. Celadon Ash is Stevie's honouring of those Celadon traditions, reimagined through the haze of modern culture and technology. Respect and inspiration from the oriental ceramic traditions were honoured in the making of this beautiful new glaze…the second addition to our ‘Oriental Reflections Collection.’
The glaze of Celadon Ash resembles the colours of Tasmania’s Native Mountain Ash Eucalyptus Tree… stunningly astonishing!The Mountain Ash tree trunk is typically white or grey except when it is wet. When the morning dew or rain falls the outer bark gets wet and saturated, letting the green inner bark shine through. Much like the colours of these natives, Celadon Ash boasts an earthy ash green with orange brown bark coloured markings over a raw clay base. This glaze is a taste of oriental ceramic history with an Australian twist and will take you back to a place in nature.
Variations in size, colour and markings is what makes them unique!
Specifications are approximate because although we do our best to keep things uniform being handmade you can expect variations in size, weight, shape, texture, pattern and volume.
Dinner Plate: Width = 26cm Height = 3cm
NOTE - specifications are approximate
Made in Australia
- Retain all original packaging as proof of your order being broken in transit
- Take a picture of your cup with its original post packaging showing the damage
- Notify us within 24 hours of receiving your package Send us an email titled BROKEN IN TRANSIT #_ _ _ _(invoice number) to email@example.com. Attach your photo, briefly explain the problem and include your Full Name and best contact number.
- We must be notified within 24 hours of delivery status for parcel tracking so please make sure you notify us immediately.
* Planet Cups cannot be exchanged or refunded for change of mind.
* Broken cups will not be replaced unless original packaging is kept as proof of your cup being broken in transit and notification of damage is recieved within 24 hours of parcel tracking showing as delivered.